This document can be downloaded as a PDF here: Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions (Terms)
- Who we are
Thank you for booking your skydive experience with TheSkydiveCompany.co.uk (we, us or our). By making a booking with us, you agree to have the necessary authority, to have read and understood the following information and to inform anyone else on whose behalf of whom you have made a booking. We only use a centre which is affiliated to and work in accordance with the British Parachute Association (BPA) rules and regulations (Centre).
The responsibility for all parachuting and skydiving activities (Activity) rests solely with the Centre and any queries or complaints with regards to such activities should be addressed to the Centre concerned.
- You acknowledge that any bookings are made on the understanding that the Activity will only take place in accordance with the safety guidelines imposed by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and the BPA.
- You acknowledge that we act as an agent on your behalf and not for the Centre we recommend.
- A binding contract is made with us when a) you complete the booking online or by phone and pay a deposit; and b) we issue with a booking confirmation with detailed instructions, including BPA medical and declaration forms for your Activity. These booking conditions form the entire agreement between us.
- For bookings where a date is confirmed with the Centre, and a deposit is paid with the remaining balance of your Activity payable on the day of the Activity (or prior to the day in the case of gift vouchers), your jump is non-transferable and non-refundable. Exceptions to this shall be at our sole discretion.
- For gift voucher bookings and other bookings where a date has not yet been stated, you have a right to cancel your booking within fourteen (14) days from the date you made the booking. If you wish to cancel your booking, you must inform us by email or by completing an enquiry form stating your order reference number if issued and your wish to cancel. You are advised to retain a copy of your cancellation notification.
- Refunds will be issued within fourteen (14) days of the date of your cancellation, with payments being made using the same payment method you used at the time of booking.
- Gift vouchers are valid for twelve (12) months. They can be transferred to another person during this time at no extra cost as long as they meet the correct criteria (age, weight, height, medical conditions).
- Gift vouchers can be extended for a further six (6) months by paying a £30 admin fee. The extension must be processed within 1 calendar month of the voucher.
- For other bookings where the date has been left open, the deposit is valid for twelve (12) months from the date of booking.
- If you need to change your booking once it has been confirmed, you must give at least seven (7) days’ notice and a £30 admin fee will be charged to make the change. Less than 7 days’ notice will result in a £50 admin fee being charged to make the change. Failure to show up on the day may result in you forfeiting your Activity as well as having to pay the balance owed. In this case a £50 admin fee will be charged to re-arrange your jump for a later date.
- If you fail to arrive with all relevant documentation i.e. medical form relevant to chosen course (signed by doctor if required), consent form (signed by parent if under 18 years), you may forfeit your jump and be required to pay the remaining balance. A £50 admin fee will be charged to re-arrange your jump for a later date.
- Refunds outside of the 14-day cancellation policy described above will only be considered in mitigating circumstances at our sole discretion.
- We do not accept any responsibility if your chosen Centre has to postpone their operation or change their opening days. We will either arrange another suitable date or transfer you to an alternative centre at no extra cost.
- We will our reasonable endeavours secure you a place on your chosen Activity at your chosen Centre on your preferred date. If, however the date is unavailable, we will provide you with an alternative date or suggest the next nearest venue offering the same Activity.
- How we use your information
- We will not store financial details, nor will they sell, distribute or give away your personal details to any third party company, organisation or individual, other than for the purpose of processing your skydiving booking.
- We will send your contact details and jump specific information provided by you to us to the Centre you selected during the booking process solely for the purpose of securing your place for your chosen Activity and for asking you for your feedback regarding your booking.
- Individual Centre requirements
- You must comply with the Centre’s rules at all times.
- Your instructor will be responsible for the final decision as to whether you are able to take part in the Activity.
- Charity jumps must be done with the prior permission and knowledge of your chosen charity.
- BPA acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of those taking part in an Activity and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practices. In accordance with BPA rules and regulations, all Centres must operate within strict safety limits with regards to cloud cover and wind speeds. The final decision as to whether it is deemed suitable to jump rests with the Centre’s chief instructor.
- Maximum weights for each of the Activity will vary from Centre to Centre. You must also be within a correct height – weight ratio and this will be taken into account at the time of booking. If you supply the incorrect height and weight at the time of booking and your instructor considers it to be unsafe for you to take part in the Activity, you risk forfeiting your skydive plus any monies already paid.
- The minimum age for taking part in an Activity is 16 years. For those who are between the ages of 16 and 18 on the day of the Activity, a student declaration is required with parental/guardian consent. This form must be completed prior to you taking part the Activity. For the absolute avoidance of doubt, this form must be signed by your parent/guardian.
- To make a solo descent i.e. Static Line or Accelerated Free Fall (AFF), the maximum age for performing your first parachute jump/skydive is 54 years old, although some Centres may adopt a lower maximum age. Please ensure you check with us before booking.
- Tandem jumpers will be required to present a sign a BPA Medical Form prior to jumping, i.e. Form 115A if you satisfy the requirements for self-declaration, or Form 115B if you need doctor’s approval. We strongly suggest you read these forms before booking your course as deposits will be non-refundable if you require and are unable to get doctors approval to take part in an Activity.
- Solo Jumpers (Static Line and AFF) will be required to present a signed BPA Self Declaration of Fitness Form or a BPA Doctors Certificate prior to jumping, i.e. Form 115C if you satisfy the requirements for self-declaration, or Form 115D if you need doctor’s approval. We strongly suggest you read these forms before booking your course as deposits will be non-refundable if you require and are unable to get doctors approval to make a skydive.
- Alcohol must not be consumed on the day of your jump. If you are considered to still be intoxicated from the previous evening, you will also be denied your jump. In both instances you risk forfeiting any monies.
- Weather Conditions
- In accordance with BPA rules and regulations, all Centres must operate within strict safety limits with regards to cloud cover and wind speeds. The final decision as to whether it is deemed suitable to jump rests with the Centre’s chief instructor.
- If bad weather or circumstances beyond the Centre’s control prevents you from taking part in the Activity, you may re-schedule your jump with the Centre for another time convenient to you at no further cost.
- Charity Skydiving and Fundraising
- If you are participating in a charity Activity, we will inform your chosen charity to enable them to help you with your fundraising efforts as well as to prevent fraud and financial crime.
- We do not accept any responsibility for validating the legitimacy of any charity for which you wish to raise money, unless it is one of the charities listed on our website at TheSkydiveCompany.co.uk.
- You are solely responsible for collecting money for your charity in an honest manner and should inform your sponsors if a proportion of the money raised will be used to cover the cost of the jump.
We provide 2 options when booking your charity Activity:
- Option A: where you use a portion of the sponsorship money to fund part or the total cost of the Activity (usually up to 50% of the sponsorship money raised to fund part or all of the Activity costs, making up any jump cost shortfall from your own pocket. This ensures that a minimum of 50% of your sponsorship money is sent to the charity); or
- Option B – where you pay all the total costs for the Activity.
- Insurance and Liability.
- On payment of the total fee for your Activity, you are covered by the BPA’s Third Party Liability Insurance Policy up to £5 (five) million. For a summary of the policy including details of the personal accident benefits, please refer to the latest BPA Insurance Summary document at bpa.org.uk/forms/download/46/pdf.
- You agree to carry out the parachute jump/skydive and all associated training only strictly in accordance with the instruction provided to you by the BPA qualified instructors at the Centre which has been appointed to you by us.
- You volunteer and agree that it is done so at your own risk when you participate in the Activity. You acknowledge that the Activity is an extreme sport and participation in such a sport can involve a risk of injury or death regardless of the standard of training, the supervision and quality of equipment used. You voluntarily accept all the risks inherent in the sport and agree for yourself and your personal representatives to indemnify and hold harmless The Skydive Company and any charities working in partnership with The Skydive Company against any claim or claims whether from yourself or from third parties arising out of any accident or incident resulting in any loss or damage (including bodily injury and death).
- The Activity is classed as an extreme sport. The Skydive Company cannot take any responsibility for any personal injury or losses incurred during the participation of the sport. You, the participant, will accept all responsibility for any personal injury or loss unless such personal injury was caused by our negligence.
Signature: ………………………………………………………. Date: ………………………………